This website is owned and managed by Made Media Ltd, a company registered in England (company number 04530365). When you interact with this website, your personal data will be controlled by Made Media Ltd and shared only with its wholly-owned subsidiary company Made Media Inc., a corporation registered in the state of Delaware, United States.
Why and how we use the information we collect about you
We collect and use personal data in a variety of ways and for two main reasons: to do business with you as a client, or the partner of a client; or to sell, advertise, or market our services to you.
To carry out our business and to provide a service or carry out a contract with you:
- we store the personal data of clients and their partners (e.g. other agencies or companies our clients might work with) in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to those clients.
Where we have justifiable reason (including legal obligation and legitimate interest):
- we send marketing emails (including product information and invitations to special events) to individuals who have expressed an interest in our services, including those who have asked us to sign them up to receive email communications.
- we collect and process information about prospective clients so that we can communicate with them in order to sell our services.
- we collect and process information about our website users in order to better understand their behaviour on our website and how we might improve our website and marketing activity.
- we collect and process information about our website users in order to serve them relevant advertising regarding our services.
For a small number of individuals and organisations, we may collect and process publicly available information to supplement the personal data you have given us. This is so that we can better understand you, your business, and the services we can provide you.
- Information from official records, such as Companies House and the Charity Commission
- Information from your website or other publicly accessible websites
- Information from any publicly accessible social media profiles (e.g., LinkedIn)
What information do we collect about you?
Information we obtain directly from you:
If you sign up to receive email communications, if you contact us by phone, email or via the website, or if you speak to us in person at a conference or industry event, we may collect information from you. This information enables us to fulfil contracts, or to market/sell our services to you.
We may collect:
- Prefix, name, suffix
- Email address
- Contact phone number(s)
- Organisation affiliation(s)
- Address information
- Emails and correspondence you send us, and notes of calls/conversations we have with you
When you visit our website, we may collect the following information:
Automatically populated IP address:
A public IP address is a unique number which allows a computer, group of computers or other internet connected device to browse the internet. The log file records the time and date of your visit, the pages that were requested, the referring website (if provided) and your internet browser version. This information is collected to help diagnose and manage the website, to audit the geographical make-up of users, and to establish how they have arrived at the website.
Third party organisations:
We may combine information you have given to us with this additional information available from external sources (for example, professional membership associations or conference organisers). This will only be done when you give permission to the relevant third party organisations to share the data they hold on you, or if the data is already publicly available.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook or LinkedIn, you may give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Information available publicly:
We may include information found in places such as Companies House, the Charity Commission, and information that has been published elsewhere online.
Sharing information with other organisations
We will never share your data with organisations outside of our group of companies (Made Media Ltd. and Made Media Inc.), except with third-party service providers who are working on our behalf under a contract to provide us with data processing or other services.
- Marketing service providers, such as Mailchimp
- Data processing and analytics providers, such as Google Analytics or Wufoo forms
- Advertising services, such as Twitter and LinkedIn
In each of these cases, the service providers will act as data processors only, and we will remain in control of your personal data. The service providers will not be able to use your data for any other reason than fulfilling the contract they have with us.
Data security and protection
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal data, and will notify you and relevant data regulators within 72 hours if we become aware that your data has been compromised by unauthorised third parties.
Despite our efforts, no data transmission over the internet is 100% secure. Because we cannot guarantee the security of any information which you disclose to us, we wish to draw your attention to the fact that you do so at your own risk.
Some of the data you pass to us may be transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). If your data is transferred outside of the EEA, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are maintained in line with this privacy notice. For example, we may transfer your data to the USA, to organisations such as Facebook or LinkedIn. Because the USA has weaker data protection laws than the EEA, we will ensure that only organisations who are a part of the EU privacy shield initiative will handle your personal information. More details on this certification can be found at www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
We only keep your data for as long as is reasonably necessary, which may vary depending on the nature of the processing. In general, we communicate with prospective and current clients, and the nature of our client relationships are such that they can last for 10 years or longer. For that reason, if we hold your data as a prospective or current client (or, for example, on our email marketing list), we will continue to hold and process this data until you ask us to stop.
Your data rights
You have a right to know what data we hold about you, to update the information we hold about you, and to request that we delete any personal information we hold about you.
We will include an unsubscribe link in every marketing email we send out so that you can choose to stop receiving marketing emails from us.
If you would like to know what data we hold about you, or if you would like to ask us to update or delete this data, please contact us by email: email@example.com.